The school was opened with seven pupils in a rented cottage on April 8, 1957. It became Higher Secondary School with over 900 pupils on roll on 1 May 1971
The school has taken the Virgin Mary – Mother of Jesus Christ, as its Heavenly Patroness. On 13 May 1917, Mary had appeared to three children – Lucia and her cousins Jacintha and Francesco who were gracing their sheep near their home village in Fatima, Portugal. She exhorted the children to make sacrifices, pray for those who commit sin and dot honor God and to lead a good life.
At Our Lady of Fatima School we entrust all the children who join this Institution to her maternal care and protection. This School is run by the Institute of The Clarist Franciscan Sisters of the Most Blessed Sacrament (CFMSS) registered under the Societies Act XXI, 1960. The Society runs English and Vernacular medium schools, Health care Centers, Welfare Homes etc., in different parts of India, besides carrying out Self-Help projects in rural belts.